Friday, October 22, 2010

My Name Is Biscuit - Will You Help Me Find My Forever Home?


I am Biscuit and I need to find my forever home. When I say “forever” I really mean it. You see I’ve had somewhat of a tough life. I’ll tell you all about it a bit later… but first I want to share with you a bit about me, what I need and what I can give you. If we are not a match, perhaps you know someone who may be the perfect one for me.

So here it goes…

  • I am sweet, will give you kisses and be very affectionate once we get to know each other.
  • I am as faithful as they come.
  • I love to run and adore my walks.
  • I love to hunt, so I may pull for a while in our walks but once I get it out of my system, you can walk me loose leash and all…no problem.
  • I know some basic commands such as sit and wait; and, I am very, very smart so I can learn a lot more, if you teach me.
  • I LOVE to play with my toys and play tug-of-war with my human friends and I love to play chase with my canine pals.
  • I am a bit fearful so I need someone who can build my confidence and pay attention to me.
  • I need someone who can be the leader; I am strong willed, but I really want direction; and, I listen just fine when you are strong and mean what you say. Don’t you hate it when people don’t?
  • I don’t know this Cesar Millan guy, but I hear that he says that dogs need exercise, discipline and affection and I think he is right on. I need lots of exercise; I need discipline… well, because we all do; and I need a ton of affection.

My Story

I am not too sure of what happened to me as a puppy but I know it could not have been good because I ended up being so frightened. I was found in the streets by a nice man who took me in. He could not keep me because he had lots of cats; and I, well, how shall I put it? I guess the truth is that I love to chase cats, or anything that moves for that matter, so the man took me to a wonderful place called Brother Wolf. And this has been my home for some time now. They really love me here, but I do get anxious about all the noise coming from all the other dogs… they can be quite loud; you know? …especially those puppies!


But, back to my story. I was a happy dog and then I got adopted by a nice family who had a really, really bad dog. We played for a while but then he went berserk and attacked me, but I survived, phew! That was a close call, but now all I have left from that incident are a few scars… you would think I would hate other dogs after that experience! But I don’t … I get afraid some times, but I mostly ignore other dogs and have a few close friends.


Well… after I got patched up, there I was back at Brother Wolf. These wonderful folks took care of me and loved me. The first few months back I was truly scared, but eventually I gained my confidence and the volunteers started noticing the great dog that I am.


One day about 2 months ago I got adopted again! Boy was I happy! And, so was every one at Brother Wolf. Finally, I had my home, or so we hoped. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I don’t want to speak bad about any one, but the lady who adopted me simply did not know that she had to be the leader. I am not at ease in that role at all. So one day I was scared and nipped a stranger who was coming towards me. I didn’t hurt the lady; I was just scared. My so called owner called Animal Control and told them to euthanize me and that she did not want me any longer. Can you believe that? Thankfully Animal Control realized that I am not a mean dog; they found the chip that told them I was a Brother Wolf dog and saved my life! Another close call!


It has taken me nearly two months of working with my volunteers and the folks at Brother Wolf to finally get me back to my loving sweet self. I was so scared… I thought everyone was after my life! Wouldn’t you be? But, thankfully, that’s all in the past and every day I am getting better and better. I am ready for my forever home. I really want someone who can take care of me, give me a home and let me love them back. Would you be that someone?


Brother Wolf’s adoption center is located at 31 Glendale Ave, just off of Swannanoa River Rd., between Biltmore Avenue and Tunnel Road. Call 505-3440 for more info or email RNVET@aol.com



AskAsheville - Asheville Twitter - Asheville Blog - Asheville Videos - Asheville Social Media

0 Comments:

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |