Monday, November 30, 2009

Meet Jeanne Perry - Appearance's Salon & Spa in North Asheville


Hello, I am Jeanne Perry of Appearance's Salon and Spa. Our business is located in the Woodfin, North Asheville area of North Carolina. The key people in this business are Jeanne Perry (owner), Misty Baker (senior hair stylist), Meghan Jenkins (hair stylist), Courtney King (massage therapist), Angelina Belada (esthetician), and Bob (my hubby) does our shop maintenance when he is not on a remodeling project.

I bought this business from the former owner. I had worked at the Salon for a few months when the owner approached me about purchasing the business. After lots of discussion, we bought it and began to rent out booths. Now we have all employees working for us. My husband remodeled the place and made it look as it is today. We went through a rough year with not only the economy hitting us, but I had surgery in May 2008, barely escaped death; and then Bob had suffered a heart attack in November 2008, maybe from helping me out so much during my surgery. It was a lot to go through and we thought we were going under... but here we are today still shining, smiling and assisting the community with quality affordable haircuts, color, and spa treatments.

I love the Asheville area. I love the people, the mild Winter, long Fall and beautiful Spring. My husband Bob and really enjoy gardening and this area has a long growing season. The people here are so nice. Asheville is a City with that down home feeling of a small town.

The best part of my business is the people I meet and we love the location our shop is. I regularly network with Bellagio Bistro which has great food and right near my salon, Middlemount Florist because brides ask for a place they can trust for their wedding flowers, and Mother and Son Bistro which is a fun and unique place for great food, bakery items, and coffee.

The top products I feature in my business are Affinage, Thermafuse, and Fairy Tales. I love working with products that are made here in North Carolina and coloring and perm products that are safe for the hair.

We invite you to pass by and say hello sometime. We usually have coffee in the back and sometimes even some cookies on hand. Thank you Asheville.
Appearances Salon and Spa
"Where it is all about you "
Website: http://www.appearancessalonspa.com/
Email: Jeanne@appearancessalonspa.com
Twitter: www.Twitter.com/AshevilleHair
YouTube: www.YouTube.com/AshevilleHairSalon
Phone: 828-645-8585



AskAsheville - Asheville Twitter - Asheville Blog -
Asheville Videos - Asheville Social Media

1 Comment:

askasheville said...

Stopped by to talk to Jeanne and Bob today and they are great people. Telling me stories from Boston and other places they have lived. Some heroic events in their lives!!

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |