Thursday, November 26, 2009

Walk in the Sun

"If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun."
~Benjamin Franklin

As a small respite from Thanksgiving cooking and cleaning, I treated myself to a stroll around downtown Asheville yesterday afternoon, soaking in the upbeat creative energy that buzzed from each shop visited.


I picked up great button beads for my crochet vest at Chevron Trading Post before taking care of my growling stomach at Mellow Mushroom. Of course, I sat outside to soak up the sun and noticed how the clear blue sky rivaled the restaurant sign.Settling in, I ordered the bartender's own concoction-- a Catawba Pumpkin Ale topped with Highlander Porter while waiting for the House Special pizza. Ahh.

Dining al fresco under Asheville's clear blue sky is a relaxing way to work on life's checklists, perhaps solve or at least table a few problems, and transform any wax build up into a magic mold.



(@mscator welcomes your Twitter follow and posts Asheville sunrise photos daily off her blog http://mosway.blogspot.com/)

0 Comments:

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |