Friday, November 21, 2008

Good Morning


So, how do you know when it's safe to drive to work? This is such a sticky situation. It's such a hard call to make. I got up early this morning and tried to make it to work. The roads in Waynesville were so bad, and I have to admit, I do not drive well in icy conditions, I ended up coming home after 20 minutes of driving. I was a nervous wreck and praying the whole time. I work in Asheville. That is a long way and the conditions change so much between here and there. It is 9:3o now and it is still flurrying here, but the conditions may be OK at work. I always feel guilty when I don't feel safe to make the drive, but it's OK there. Does that make any sense. I have work to do, but I know it will get done whether I am there or not. I have checked the weather and it is not supposed to get above freezing. So, I ponder this, at what point do I say, "OK, I'm staying home?" Even if the accumulation is not much. I just don't feel safe driving in icy conditions. The snow is not so bad. Anyway...I thought I'd just put that out there. Maybe I can get some input as to how you all handle this. Let me say, it sure is pretty out there! God's glory at His finest!

2 Comments:

askasheville said...

I would stay home if I were you Jenn.

R said...

I have a very similar situation... We live up on a mountain in Buncombe County (Weaverville). My daughter goes to a Buncombe County School. Well at our elevation we get alot more snow then anywhere else in this area. Many times we have an inch or two of snow but once you get off the mountain there is nothing. Most times that it snows I make the choice not to drive down my mile and half long driveway to take her to the bus stop. I won't risk the ice. So yes I agree the chance too great!

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |