Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Savoy Restaurant in Asheville, no more... lunch


This is badddddd news to me, cause I love Asheville Savoy! As long as they stay open for their wonderful dinners and wine, I think I just may be fine. Here is what Eric (the owner) emailed me.

Dear Friends,
There’s a lot that I love about running Savoy, but one of the things that has always brought me the most pleasure is serving lunch. There’s something particularly rewarding about welcoming people in the middle of their busy day and giving them a chance to slow down, relax, laugh, maybe conduct a little business, all over a plate of great food and a glass of wine. But you know what they say about all good things...

These are tough times, and my midday business has slowed to the point that I can no longer justify the cost. As much as it pains me, as of December 15 Savoy will no longer serve lunch. Maybe Spring will bring better days. I hope so. Until then, I still think our dinner menu is the best in town, and I know Savoy will continue to be a favorite neighborhood place to end your day. I look forward to seeing you here soon. http://www.savoyasheville.com/

0 Comments:

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |