Sunday, November 9, 2008

Enjoy the beauty!

I just want to say that it is so beautiful outside! The sun is shining. The mountains are clear! God's beauty never ceases to amaze me! I am so grateful for sweatshirt weather. I love sweatshirt weather! Seriously. If my daughter didn't gripe, I would be out hiking in it right now. I love taking pictures of the majestic beauty of this area we call Asheville, North Carolina. There are so many beautiful places to hike. So many places one can go and hide away from all civilization and be close to God. Places with beautiful waterfalls and rivers. I have a few favorite places I like to retreat to, Cataloochee Valley being one of them. This is where the Elk are, but it is a place rich in history. There are homes, a church, a school house, cemeteries, that had to be left when the National forest was created. It is a neat place to take the family. A place with creeks and small rivers. A place where the air smells fresh. A place to bring a picnic lunch. It can get a little crowded at times, but it is worth the drive. It is a fascinating wonderful place to revel in the beauty of God's artwork.

Top pic: The Palmer House
Right pic: Me at the Woody House...it's about a mile hike from the fields where the Elk are.

1 Comment:

askasheville said...

Great story. Definitely headed that way soon. Thank you.

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |