AskAsheville - Asheville Twitter - Asheville Blog - Asheville Videos - Asheville Social Media
Thanks to Strive Not to Drive Week, I can't get enough of my bike!
Wednesday, Strive not to drive week. I've been nagging myself about my idealization of riding my bike more this week. Ok smartass, I tell myself. If you are so green, at least bike to one appointment.
- I found a way to squeeze exercise into my super busy life – and quite possibly lose that last 25 pounds that has been following me around all these years.
- I think I finally unearthed the magic bullet cure for my chronic depression. The missing link all along – enough to keep my feet on the peddles.
- I had a random encounter with a friend on that Wednesday ride. I noticed he has managed to keep his weight loss off for many months, and I suspect it's because he bikes everywhere he goes. I think I'm on to something here.
- For a moment in my hectic life of mom, wife, manager, writer, etc, I transform into a 7-year old girl– flying down the street on my pink bike and the wind in my hair. I am free.
- On my bike I am a free-thinking human and not part of the car culture. I'm out of the matrix. I'm a rebel and a free-thinker. This is addicting.
I think I understand the runner's high now.