Sunday, November 9, 2008

Last night.....

.....I happened across a place called "Ed Boudreaux's Bayou BBQ" that I had not once been to in the past, though luckily that streak came to an end. This place is exquisite :) They had live music, an impressive bar, and a humongous flat-screen with a number of sports events going on :) I had what was referred to as a "Voodoo Reuben" which, along with some of the traditional ingredients, had hickory-smoked bacon, pulled pork and a sort of tangy creole mayonnaise that tickled my tongue :) I highly suggest it :) As well, I had somewhat of an odd experience last night. I was walking down a very dark, dusty alley.....the kind you're supposed to stay away from late at night, and at the same time, I had the latest "Portishead" album pumping into my ears. This is a BAD combination. PORTISHEAD is a group known for it's creepy-sexy vibe and minimalistic approach, and one of the creepier songs in their repertoire, the chilling "threads" started banging, and as it did, I started walking faster. I was truthfully hesitant to keep walking. It scared me :/ THAT my friends, is what music should do to you :) It should move you to feel a certain way, or move your body in a certain fashion. If it doesn't, then what's the point ? I wish I could remember where this particular alley was......

1 Comment:

askasheville said...

Now thats some awesome writing. Nice bro.

 
AskAsheville.com | AskAsheville Youtube | Follow AskAsheville on Twitter |